Sunday, September 29, 2013

90 Mile Week Done - My 22 Mile Long Run Today

Today was my last long run until Chicago Marathon 2 weeks from today! Before each marathon, I always need that one last quality long run in preparation for my race. Today my long run went awesome & I feel more ready than ever.

My Long Run Workout - 22 Miles (Treadmill)

1.5 Mile Warm UP - 7.9-9.9 mph
20.5 Miles - 9.1-10mph at 0.5-1% Incline
9.1mph 0.5% incline 2 mins - 9.1mph 1% incline 2 mins - 9.2mph 0.5% incline 2 mins - 9.2mph 1% incline 2 mins - 9.3mph...9.4mph..etc. all the way up to 10mph 0.5% incline 2 mins - 10mph 1% incline 2 mins - I then ladder my workout the same way back down until I get to 9.1mph - At that point I then ladder back up to 10mph - I do that for the rest of the run until I reach 22 Miles Total!
Total time - 2:20 minutes

Since I am typically a treadmill runner, this is a way for me to switch up my workouts. I can't run at a constant pace for my easy runs. I always change one variable slightly every 2 minutes. It keeps me distracted and makes my runs that much more enjoyable. Try it! If you run on a treadmill, it is a fun way to mix things up!

Feel free to post your treadmill workouts or different ideas that you have for workouts!

Happy Treadmill Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment