Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Boaz is my running coach! We have worked together since Twin Cities Marathon 2 years ago!

Here is a link to my racing results -
http://www.mtecresults.com/runner/show?rid=20028&race=507

I almost quit the race after 13 miles because I was struggling. I wasn't running as well as  I had planned to do.. but I finished the race after convincing myself to keep running! If I did quit the race I would have never met my coach Boaz. We met in the massage tent. We started chatting and he was wondering who helped me with my training or who my coach was. I had coached myself for many years and always did my own training. Since then he has given me great running advice on my training and running performance. This is a picture from this past December in Sacramento, CA for the marathon. (This was one of my worst races because of the weather conditions! Not a good day, but I ended up finishing at my own pace.) Still a fun trip and I had the opportunity to hang out and have dinner with Boaz the night before the race.  He is extremely inspiring.



In Chicago in 3 1/2 weeks I will have a chance to hang out with my coach again! We will both be running Chicago Marathon!

Here is an article on Boaz -
http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/boaz-between-two-worlds?page=single


Feel free to post comments!!

Happy Coach Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment