Thursday, September 19, 2013

80 Mile Training Week - Just Over 3 Weeks Until Chicago!

My training the past couple weeks have been a little bit of a struggle! My training week started by coming off of a stomach flu from Sunday. Which basically cut my long run a couple miles short. With 2 solid weeks left of training before I start tapering off for Chicago, I know I am physically ready, but now I need the mental side to stay matched up. I have taken my easy days a little easier this week. The volume and intensity of my training is starting to get to my body from the past couple months, so I decided to take my easy days a little easier while still making the training adaptations needed.

At Lifetime Fitness where I work full time, we also decided to bring in ALL new treadmills this week and replace our old ones. Since I am a treadmill runner, this has only added to my training STRESS! The treadmill I was running on was basically the treadmill that I have performed all of my training on. Taking my treadmill away and replacing it with a new one has completely thrown me off! The new treadmills are awesome, but for anyone who is  a treadmill runner, I think you know what I am talking about!

The treadmill that I did almost ALL of my training on for the last 2 years!


My Training This Week -

Monday - 10 Mile Easy Run - 8.3-9.1mph

Tuesday - 5 Mile Easy Recovery Day

Wednesday - 2 Mile Warm Up - 4 X 2.25 Mile Threshold Run @ 10.3 mph - 0.25 Mile Recovery Inbetween - 0.5 Mile Cool Down ----- Split Run - 4 Miles Easy Run 8.3-9.1mph (Later that day)

Thursday - 7 Mile Run Outside Easy Run (About 7:15 Min Mile Pace) - Finished Run on Treadmill - 5 Miles 8.3-9.1mph 0.5-1% Incline - 12 Miles Total

Rest of the week....

Friday (Tomorrow) - Speed Work Run! 2 Mile Warm Up - 0.6 Mile Repeats @ 10.7-11.3mph (might change based off the new treadmills - feel a little faster than the one I was running on!) 0.1 Mile Recovery Between - Cool Down Easy Run

Saturday - 8-10 Mile Easy Run

Sunday - Long Run - 2 Mile Warm Up with 20 Mile Run! Either of Treadmill or Outdoor Run on the Gateway Trail!

Feel free to post or comment!

Happy New Treadmill/Outdoor Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment