Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gateway Trail Long Run Today - 3 Weeks Until Chicago

Today I ran outside for a 19-20 mile long run on the gateway trail!! Such a beautiful run. This is kinda a big deal for me since I am a treadmill runner! It makes me wonder why I don't run outside more? I ended up running it in under 2:05 min. Overall a really good run!

Here is a link about the Gateway Trail -

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_trails/gateway/index.html

If you have never been there and are looking for a bike, running, rollerblading, etc. trail I would definitely check it out!

This is my highest volume and intensity week going into Chicago! 90 miles total! I will be posting all about my workouts and different topics this week!

Feel free to share any other running routes or experiences! I am always looking for new outdoor runs to get me off the treadmill!

Happy Gateway Trail Running :)

1 comment:

  1. My very first 20 miler, before my first marathon, back in 2009, I ran the Bear Water Run in White Bear Lake.

    This is an easy and really nice 20 mile run to incorporate at any time, because it was just 2 times around the lake. :)

    ReplyDelete