Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Highest Volume & Intensity Running Week Yet - 90-95 Mile Week

This week has been by far my hardest week of training yet. Not just from a running volume and intensity standpoint, but my body's ability to recover and the feeling of fatigue all week long. Every workout this week was a physical battle of how can I possibly finish this workout? But I made it through so far! Coming off of my 80 miles last week I felt extremely strong and ready to go for each run. Coming into this week, I never felt a day of recovery, but I know this will only make me stronger through my training, physically and especially mentally. I am happy to say I didn't mentally defeat myself this week! I am looking forward to a taper week & recovery next week going in my Half Marathon at Square Lake Triathlon in Stillwater, MN.

Here are my running workouts from this week - (90 - 95 miles)

Monday - Easy Long Run - 10 miles
Strength Training Workout

Tuesday - Threshold Running Workout
1.5 mile warm up - stretch
6 X 2 mile repeats @ 10.3 mph
0.25 mile recovery between each repetition
0.5 mile cool down (my legs were hurting - I couldn't finish my typically cool down until a couple hours later
7 miles easy run
17 miles total

Wednesday - Easy Active Recovery Run - 6 miles

Thursday - Speed Running Workout
1.5 mile warm up - stretch
13 X 0.6 mile repeats @ 10.7-11.3mph
0.15 mile recovery between each repetition
0.5 mile cool down (once again my leg were so unbelievably sore but finished my repetitions)
9.8 miles total

Friday - Easy Long Run - 20 miles

Saturday - Easy Active Recovery Run - 8 miles
Strength Training Workout

Sunday (My Run Marathon Pace Long Run for tomorrow)
1.5 mile warm up
23 miles Marathon Pace Easy Long Run
24.5 miles total

With tomorrow's run - my weekly volume will end up being about 95 miles!

Next week, I am going to taper off going into my Half Marathon on Sunday. Sunday is the
Square Lake Triathlon Long Course in Stillwater MN - I will be doing the running portion for my team, Team Wood! Here is the link to the event -
http://www.frontrunnerusa.com/event/square-lake-triathlon-long-course-sunday

I plan on taking a week on tapering to give my body it needs going into the event, and injury prevention going into Chicago Marathon. With this being the most volume and intensity I have ever put my body through, I know I need to give it a little TLC and recovery.

Happy Smarter, Not Harder Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment