Sunday, July 14, 2013

Treadmill Running - My reasons for treadmill running!

Hey Everyone!!

Some people wonder, how can you run on a treadmill? How are you not completely bored by it? Why don't you like running outside? Etc, etc...

Here are some tips on how to make the treadmill that much more exciting to train on... I love the treadmill and swear by it. And here's why...

1. Good music is an absolute must! Every other week I will download new music and put it on my MotoActiv Heart Rate Monitor/Music Player - Check it out!

Music Player, Heart Rate Monitor, GPS all in one watch -
 http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/8GB-or-16GB-MOTOACTV/79070,en_US,pd.html

I download my music from - www.emusic.com - this is an easy to use site with all types of music for you to download and listen to.

2. With all of the mileage I run week after week, it takes away the wear and tear on my body compared to doing all of my runs outdoors

3. I can push myself easier on a treadmill than outdoors - I control the treadmill, I control the pace and the workout

4. For my threshold and speed workouts, it is easy for me to have a consistent workout every time I run each run - in a controlled setting you know your workout each and every time.

5. For my long runs I ladder the pace up and down to keep me from getting bored - for example - every two minutes I switch from 9.6mph to 9.7mph up and down for the entire run - for some reason it helps keep me going! Even if it is only a small change in the pace...

6. I love dancing to the beat of the music on the treadmill and I will sometimes step to  it - try it sometime - if you need a little pick me up on the treadmill, do a little dance and see if it makes a difference - might seem funny but it really is fun :)

These are just some of my top reason for loving treadmill running! Feel free to share you thoughts!

Happy running everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. This is great stuff regarding your personal training. You do #6? So do I. Sometimes I wonder if it looks dorky to people if they see me doing it, but its kind of fun. Do you ever try to program your music to the speeds you want to run?

    ReplyDelete