Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Get Lucky Half Marathon March 15th in St. Paul Minnesota

Hey Everyone!

This Saturday, March 15th I am running the Get Lucky Half Marathon in St. Paul, Minnesota! Here is the link to the website -

Get Lucky Half Marathon Website
www.getluckytc.org/

Check out the website and sign up for your first race of the year!! It should be a fun event!!

This is my first race of the year and my first half marathon besides Square Lake Triahlon last summer when I ran 1:22 for my team, Team Wood. Each of my teammates did the bike and swim and I did the running portion of the race.

I currently have some calf pain and I need to taper off from running and R&R. This gives me an opportunity to take a break this week and taper off to recover, but have a race that will give me an idea of where I am currently at with my training to this point and help towards my training for Grandma's Marathon in June. I am hoping that my calf pain goes away so I can stay on track with my training. I have 6 minutes to cut off my PR from last year at Grandma's Marathon when I ran a 2:48:54. The Olympic Qualifying time standard is under 2:43 and I am looking to do this with Grandma's Marathon this June.

I am excited for this weekend to start my 2014 racing and running season!!

Feel free to post any comments or email me with questions!

Happy 2014 Races & Running :)




No comments:

Post a Comment