Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oatmeal Almond Chocolate Coconut Bars (Gluten Free) - My High Carb Days!

There is a coffee shop down the street from me, Nina's, that has the best Almond Oatmeal Bars. Since I love getting the bars from the coffee shop, I thought I would try to make my own recipe at home!

Here are the ingredients you need to make them -


Oatmeal (2 1/2 cups)
Honey (1/2 cup)
Coconut Oil (2 tblsp)
Coconut Flakes (1/2 cup)
Dark Chocolate Chunks (1/2 cup)
Almond Butter (1/2 cup)
Sea Salt (sprinkled top & mixed in)
Almond Slices (1/2 cup)
Almond Milk (1/4 cup)

I grab a big mixing bowl and mixed all of the ingredients together!


Once I mixed everything evenly, I smashed the ingredients into a ball & shaped them into a bar and put them onto a baking sheet that has coconut oil to grease it.

 
 
I baked them for about 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven. I them took them out and let them cool off for 10 minutes.
 
 
 
I then put them into a plastic container to cool off and store for later! A really good treat & made with healthy ingredients!
 
Please share your recipes!!
 
Happy Treats Running :)


No comments:

Post a Comment