Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Healthy Meal Idea - Ground Beef & Brussels Sprouts Lettuce Wraps & Quinoa

Here is a healthy meal idea. When it comes to my meals, I always have a few staple ingredients. I make a lot of ground beef and brussels sprouts. This was my dinner idea for today with a few ingredients that I put together from my fridge.


Here is the ingredient list (picture above)
-96/4 Ground Beef
-Romaine Lettuce Wraps
-Brussels Sprouts
-Quinoa
-Coconut Oil
-Garlic Sea Salt
-Cilantro
-Green Salsa

First of all, I cook the quinoa as directed on the package. I put 1 cup of quinoa in a stove top pot. I then add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once I bring it to a boil, I cover the pot and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes (until thoroughly cooked).


At the same time I brown the ground beef at medium heat in a sauce pan. Once it is half way cooked I add cilantro to the meat. Add as much as you like. Don't over do it but cilantro adds great flavor to your meal!


Also, in another pan I heat on high and melt coconut oil (about 1 tbsp.)  in the pan. I then cut Brussels sprouts in half and add them to the pan to heat and cook. Once they are coated in coconut oil I season with garlic sea salt and also add cilantro to add flavor.


Once everything is cooked to how I like, I wash a couple lettuce wraps and put the browned ground beef on the lettuce wraps. I then cut the Brussels sprouts in half again and add them to the lettuce wraps. I then take my favorite salsa and put on top. On the same plate a put a serving on quinoa to get a well rounded meal.


Here is the nutrition content on the meal..
1 serving of ground beef, 1 serving of brussel sprouts, 1 serving of quinoa, and all of the ingredients put together with the seasonings...

Whole Meal - 400 calories
31 grams of protein
38 grams of carbohydrates (5 grams of sugar, 8 grams of fiber)
14 grams of fat

Of course you can add additional ingredients and seasonings! This is just my idea and example of a healthy and nutritious meal to fuel my running and overall nutrition with some of my favorite ingredients!

Feel free to post recipes, additional comments or email with any questions!!

Happy Meal Ideas for Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment